In the wake of devastating and high-severity wildfires affecting Butte, Los Angeles, and Ventura Counties, Governor Jerry Brown issued an Executive Order to address wildfire clean-up and recovery.
The Executive Order streamlines recovery efforts in communities impacted by wildfires, including:
- Expediting clean-up and removal of debris from the fires;
- Extending the state's prohibition on price gouging during emergencies;
- Expediting the use of suitable fairgrounds and state properties for temporary sheltering of fire survivors;
- Suspending planning and zoning requirements and state fees for manufactured homes and mobile home parks to help displaced residents with housing needs;
- Streamlining regulations to allow hospitals and other health facilities impacted by the fires to remain open; and,
- Allowing for the accelerated hiring of additional personnel for emergency and recovery operations.
The Governor also announced that the state has secured a Presidential Major Disaster Declaration to bolster the on-going emergency response and help residents recover from fires.
In addition, RCRC is working with Supervisor Doug Teeter of Butte County to raise funds for those impacted by the Camp Fire. All funds collected will be distributed to people in need through local non-profit emergency relief agencies directly serving fire victims with immediate needs. Donations can be made here.