In the latest episode of the Hometown California podcast, our host, Paul A. Smith, continues the conversation with Jeremy B. White of Politico about the twelve ballot measures California voters will decide this November. Together, Paul and Jeremy provide a nonpartisan look at each ballot measure. They discuss the support and opposition arguments and financing behind the propositions, and provide insight about the impact of each measure on rural counties. (Download now)
This is the second of two episodes in a series about California's November 2020 ballot initiatives, recorded on August 20, 2020. This episode covers
- Proposition 19: The Home Protection For Seniors, Severely Disabled, Families, and Victims of Wildfire Disasters Act
- Proposition 20: Reducing Crime and Keeping California Safe Act
- Proposition 21: Rental Affordability Act
- Proposition 22: Protect App-Based Drivers and Services Act
- Proposition 23: Protect the Lives of Dialysis Patients Act
- Proposition 24: The California Privacy Rights and Enforcement Act
- Proposition 25: Senate Bill 10 – Bail Reform Referendum
If you missed the discussion about the first five ballot measures, be sure to listen to Hometown California Episode 5.
And be on the lookout for this episode of Hometown California coming soon in Spanish.
Visit Politico on the web at politico.com
Follow Politico California on Twitter @politicoca
California Playbook: Subscribe Here
More from Politico about the California November 2020 Ballot Initiatives: Available Here